|Previous Lesson||Next Lesson|
|C1 part 1||C1 Lesson 4 Word Equations||C1 Lesson 6 Bonds|
Learning outcomes and Specification referenceEdit
|C1.1.3 Chemical reactions||C1 Lesson 5 Balanced Symbol Equation|
Chemical reactions can be represented by word equations or by symbol equations.
Know how to represent a chemical reaction by using a word equation.
Full Specification TextEdit
b) Chemical reactions can be represented by word equations or by symbol equations.
- No activities have been added to this lesson plan in this section
Activities to introduce new ideasEdit
- The following PowerPoint is one method for balancing equations (use of small whiteboards for students to work off would be helpful!). File:Basic method for Balancing Eq 03 version.ppt
Activities to practice applying new knowledgeEdit
- A worksheet with symbol equations to balance File:Balance the following equations.doc
- A detailed powerpoint with many equations to balance File:Balancing-equations.ppt
- No demonstrations have been added to this lesson plan
- No class practicals have been added to this lesson plan
- No links have been added to this lesson plan