|Previous Lesson||Next Lesson|
|P1 part 1||P1 Lesson 3&4 Conduction and Convection||P1 Lesson 6&7 Factors that affect heat transfer|
Learning outcomes and Specification referenceEdit
|P1.1.3 Energy transfer by heating||P1 Lesson 5 Evaporation and Condensation|
|a||The transfer of energy by evaporation and condensation involves particles, and how this transfer takes place.||Explain evaporation and the cooling effect this causes using the kinetic theory|
|b||The factors that affect the rate of evaporation and condensation.|
Full Specification TextEdit
a) The transfer of energy by
conduction, convection, evaporation and condensation involves particles, and how this transfer takes place.
b) The factors that affect the rate of evaporation and condensation
- video of paint drying
- [video evaporation]- language a bit challenging but very well visualised.
- Put a small amount of nail varnish remover on to the back of students hands as they enter the room. They will feel it getting colder.
Activities to introduce new ideasEdit
- Use the online kinetic model, turn up the gravity and turn down the heat until you get a liquid. Observe the evaporation and the graph showing the distribution of energy.http://www.falstad.com/gas/
Activities to practice applying new knowledgeEdit
- No activities have been added to this lesson plan in this section
- Put some nail varnish remover (proponone) or ethanol on students skin to allow them to feel the cooling effect of evaporation
- No links have been added to this lesson plan